Are you looking for a great job that will allow you to have the same days off as your kids? Are you a stay at home mom or dad looking for some part-time income? Are you a retiree looking for a part-time job to keep you busy and involved in the community? If so, the Rockridge Transportation Department is looking for you!
Rockridge has immediate openings for substitute bus drivers. Bus drivers must have a valid CDL and school bus endorsement. WE PROVIDE STEP-BY-STEP TRAINING TO COMPLETE THIS
LICENSING PROCESS! Rockridge has a school bus trainer that will take new drivers through the
process from start to finish.
There are many benefits to being a substitute bus driver, such as:
● Substitute bus drivers are paid $25.00 per run/hr.
● Substitutes who drive the same route for ten consecutive days are bumped to full time route
pay for the remainder of the days on that same route.
● Substitutes have the flexibility to work only when they want to – they set their own schedule!
● Substitutes have the opportunity to apply for part-time or full-time routes as they come open.
● Bus drivers only work when school is in session. They have the same days off as students in
the district, which offers great flexibility for parents of school-aged children.
● Substitutes are paid for the time spent learning routes.
To apply for a substitute driver position, or to learn more about the training process, please contact Sarah Stropes, Director of Transportation, by calling 795-1644 or sending an e-mail to